So in the last week, I have started to brew 12L of Mead, and 23L of Beer! If the beer goes well, we (malcolmsbasement) will make a larger batch, maybe around 700 bottles.

So I’ll explain how to make mead real easy in a couple posts, just not now.

  So 3 days latter me and a friend thought it would be a good idea to buy more wine/beer equipment than we had any idea how to use.
So the morning after we made the test batch, I awake to the smell of beer. The brew was fermenting so fast that it blew the airlock right off. The solution is to replace it with a tube running into a adjacent container under some water, keeping the air out, put allowing for overflow. 

That’s Right ! The Dingus Radio Show is here, and without a logo. But one is coming.

“DINGUS RADIO is a talk radio show with elements of poorly informed political opinion, insights from interesting guests, some excellent live music and music from brand new local artists. Join your hosts Rusty Irons and Admiral Ross on their journey of poorly derived assertions on popular culture, music and maybe even politics.”

With guest -Milton- and Music from MAB1RO

As for anything else this week. . . well not too much, I did completely organize my photo collection for the first time in it’s entirety. Well excluding the photos that are lost on my broken hard drive, maybe on day I will retrieve, once I come up with 700-1500$. I used Picasa, the free google program, to organize all my photos, very easy to use. It only took me 5 hours to get through 111 GB of photos = 37 000 photos.
Here is the Video of the week: Meltup (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=eb1n1X0Oqdw)
This explains the soon to come currency crisis and hyperinflation. 
Try listening to those who have been proven right again and again by the events that unfold, NOT those who have been wrong time and time again.


So for the last 3 days, I have been going through boxes, a lot a lot of boxes…very dusty boxes.
Also, I’ve had to deal with that===>>

That’s everything from Vancouver, including a mattress and box-spring.
It’s been difficult, as there is already no room in the house… I mean we have to much stuff. Which is why I’m going through all the boxes. Everything goes in a couple weeks after the garage sale. 

I somehow managed to finish the breaker electrical connections for the basement. But then I realized that the utility room didn’t actually have any lights in it. So… ya… I had to take down all the insulation and fix some up.
 It’s interesting to note that the upper panel once powered the entire house. But the basement now requires so much power and circuits that we had to get a secondary subpanel.
Those circuits there are only powering the basement.

You can check more updates on the basement and construction @: http://therohonhouse.blogspot.com/Speaking of which, I figured out how to get ads on it, as well as hooking it up to google analytic. Not that that blog needs either, but I was just testing it out for the future, for ‘malcolm’s basement’ = http://malcolmsbasement.blogspot.com/
Newly created, but don’t expect to see to much on it till the basement is at least partially operational.